Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app after the rise in accidents. On an everyday basis, approximately 3700 people die globally due to collisions encompassing pedestrians, buses, motorcycles, trucks, bicycles, and other vehicles.
If the statistics of road collisions are narrowed down to hours, 17 people lose their lives and 51 people are wounded every hour. Road accidents are becoming a major hazard for civilians and require immediate action for road improvement and traffic awareness.
In 2019, a report dictated that 449,002 accidents occurred in India, which is the bellowing number of tragedies. Likewise, those tragedies resulted in 115,113 casualties and 451,361 injuries.
For some years, road accidents and highway crimes have been intensified. Due to this, people don’t feel safe walking or driving on the roads. At any moment they could become a tragedy. To counter these safety threats, the government needed to take action that could lessen the risks of death on roads.
For that purpose, the government could implement various traffic regulation plans and create awareness through advertisements or seminars about road safety and safe driving. The World Health Organization (WHO) also reported that 1.3 million deaths happen globally due to road accidents.
The pressure from the death tolls and casualties incited the government authorities to take some stringent measures. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) planned a strategic scheme to tackle the accumulating abundance of accidents.
MoRTH collaborated with digital navigating companies like IIT Madras and MapmyIndia. The companies signed an agreement for better road navigation for civilians (improved security for pedestrians, cyclists, bikers, and other drivers).
IIT Madras, MapmyIndia, and MoRTH launched a navigation app primarily focusing on improved riad guides and traffic maintenance. The app is best for checking traffic density, road conditions, construction areas, accidents-prone roads, and blockades.
Features of MoRTH navigation App ‘Move’
Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app. The app ‘Move’ has many interesting and useful features that could help one move safely in daily life.
- Visual and voice alerts to caution the drivers
- Visual and voice alerts on the advent of sharp curves, potholes, overspeeding, reckless driving (drunk driving, racing, or one-wheeling on main roads), pro-accident zones, under-construction roads, and many other hazards that could disturb one’s journey.
- Free of charge app
- Authorities can update the app through reports from citizens on accidents, ongoing road construction, traffic jams, unsafe areas, and blockage to help people from losing their lives on roads.
How to use Move Indian navigation app
Move functions similar to other navigation apps like Google Maps. If you have used other navigation apps, using Move won’t be difficult. The app functions through a modified GPS location service to convey real-time statistics of traffic, directions, and casualties.
Regulatory of the app obtain data from traffic reports, traffic cameras, road sensors, user feedback, ratings, and suggestions to analyze the app using algorithms. After processing, the data is amended on the app.
Accomplishments of Move
Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app. In 2020, the app received the recognition of the Aatmanibhar App Innovation Challenge. IIT Madras and MapmyIndia are using the feedback and data on the app to modify it further.
Moreover, the Road Minister approved a model made by IIT Madras researchers. The road safety model functions on the data obtained through Move. Union territories and over 32 States in India use the AI model.
Due to recent modifications in the app, the country has observed disaster depreciation in the country, according to Integrated Road Accidents Disasters (iRAD). In 2023, road accidents have been quelled to half, which is an enormous achievement for Madras researchers.
How Move has benefited the people?
The navigation app permitted by the Road Ministry has supremely benefited the people who use roads regularly. Some of its benefits are;
- Real-time alerts and updates of situations on the roads could help people in planning their journey and time-consuming.
- Speeding, sliding, and other instructions in such hazards are promptly notified by the app to ensure the safety of the drivers and passengers.
- Vocal and text alerts are shown in case of an impaired person using the app. It also helps the driver to stay focused and doesn’t require the solo driver to keep checking the phone for directions.
- This app doesn’t obstruct the use of other navigation apps like Google Maps and Maze. However, it works significantly well in co-navigation mode. Hence, one can use it with other maps.
- Live statistics of traffic jams, harsh weather accidents, and other such conditions are updated regularly on it, so people won’t find themselves in severe conditions. Likewise, it’s best for planning a visit or trip.
- Usage of this app decreases road accidents as much as possible, this helps in controlling pollution. When accidents happen, a large mass of polluted smoke is released into the air. This type of pollution in the air will also diminish.
- Accidents also destroy public and private properties, resulting in considerable loss and unstable financial circumstances. With the lessening of road accidents, less property will be damaged and need no restoration. That would save money and that currency could be used somewhere better.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to download the Indian navigation app Move?
Open the Play Store on Android Or App Store on iOS smartphone and search for the MapmyIndia Move app. Then open the app in the list and click on Install. The Move app will be installed on your mobile. You can also download it from the MapmyIndia website page.
Will Move work offline?
The maps on the navigation app will work offline. However, without the internet, the map won’t be able to locate or show live alerts and statistics. Hence, it’s recommended to use the internet while using this application to keep up with live updates.
What are your thoughts about Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app? And has the Move app helped you in driving and preventing road accidents?